As most of you know, DCBuySell hosts a monthly meetup focused on real estate professionals, investors and developers in the DMV area. We started this group about two years ago and have seen more than 1,500 people join the group in this short amount of time. The mission of our group has always been to educate and provide networking, resources and a belief system to others that might also be interested in real estate investing and development. Jason and I are committed to ensuring the highest quality for this meetup and it will always remain a core part of our business.
However, one challenge when planning these meetups has been around finding specific discussion points and topics that are interesting to our members. Sure, there are plenty of real estate related topics worth discussing, but up until last month we had no data points to help guide our decision on monthly topics. In early June, we sent out a survey to all of our members asking them to pick their top six choices. The idea here is that these six topics will become our discussions points for the remainder of the year. While the survey participation was lower than I had anticipated (only 52 people completed the survey), its been helpful in planning for the future meetups.
Here are the top six topics submitted by our members:
- Guest Speakers - Discussions around financing options with representatives from local banks, and hard money lenders.
- Presentation - Top 10 constructions mistakes
- Presentation - Top 10 lessons learned from previous flips (already covered in June 27 meetup)
- Case Study - Analyzing of a successful flip
- Presentation - Evaluating long-term multifamily investments (income, expenses and cash flow)
- Guest Speaker - Q&A with a title attorney to discuss topics around purchase agreements, condo conversion process, etc.
We are excited to cover these topics and are also planning on some cool events (hard hat construction tours, exclusive networking events, etc) so if you aren't already a member, please follow this link to join our group and hope to see you at one of our events: